Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hello

Well even the best cook takes time off from the kitchen the last couple of weeks I made several quarts of soup and we have been having soup and salad or soup and Baguette night......

There was a Faux Thanksgiving Sunday family dinner which made making turkey soup the next day easy, I played around with a nice aldente veggie soup which I loved , I am not a big fan of mushy vegetables,and after 3 lunches of that soup, I did a redoux and added meat and pasta for a heartier dinner soup.

Tonight I made homemade Mac and cheese a crowd pleaser, we love salmon patties in my family...you take canned salmon clean it up get rid of the cartilage and skin ect, crumble in a bowl, add eggs, dill, lemon zest and panko crumbs fry up in canola oil in Hamburg patty size till golden brown serve with lemons to squeeze, I had picked up some adorable teeny tiny yellow potatoes at Trader Joe's in Mass and I cut them in half and pan fried them served with peas and an arugula salad w shredded beets and avocado with my white balsamic dressing made the meal complete...and wa la old family comfort food..

The Mac and cheese will make us happy for days as lunch and dinner since we really never touched it tonight, but I like cooking a couple dishes at one time so that we have fast food when I am feeling slow...

The next few weeks will busy making fairy/princess tutu's for a craft fair...My youngest daughter and I sell soaps, scrubs and lotions made with organic ingredients, herbs ect that we conjure up here at the house..for Christmas.

Tata for now..........

No comments:

Post a Comment