Saturday, October 24, 2009

Saturday

Well I lied,last night after the beer tasting I brought back my case of Lambic and we made fresh roast pork sandwiches on rolls with good old French's mustard and dill pickle slices, a sorta half Cuban, potato chips and had Lanbic Keiek the cherry and pork together was wonderful. No dinner out tonight jut movies in, a half a thumbs up to State Of Play..(Russell Crowe,Ben Affleck,Robin Wright Penn,Rachel McAdams)kinda fell flat but definatly has a twist you had to wait for.

I like to put a small very lean pork roast in the oven every so often an slow cook the bejesus out of it when it's at the point that strings pull away you are ready just pull the pork no need to add BBQ sauce unless you just want to , we just pile it high on bakery rolls add mustard and pickles and it is so yummy another comfort food that takes no real effort, I just salt and pepper the top of the roast cover it and if I'm in a hurry cook at 350 for 2+ hrs or slow roast I start at 350 for 20 mins reduce heat to 250 and let it go for hours.

Tonight we had a big left over fest after spending the day in the drizzling rain in downtown Burlington Trick or Treating from store to store with my Daughter and Granddaughter..it was quite a site,this year there were amazing costumes I saw peacocks,and little rats from Ratatouille's , a plethora of Princesses, Vampires,animals,construction workers,one family had taken leaf bags and added leaves around the top and the kids were inside, I give it the best budget and creative idea of the day. One family was Wendy,peter pan, Captain hook and Tinker belle was a sweet family idea. There were ladybugs galore,buzzing bees,Giraffes,Tigers,shaggy dogs, Transformers and skeleton's,Darth Vader still makes an appearance, little ninjas, a Geisha girl,Crocodiles,pumpkins seriously it was a great day despite the rain...and a great haul of candy was made by all!

I will try to be more creative with tomorrows Sunday dinner..Have a great Saturday night all...

No comments:

Post a Comment