Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday in Vt

Well we went to the Essex Craft Fair today, sadly there wasn't a lot to get excited about, looking forward to the Sheraton Craft Fair.

Family dinner , I always have fun making A HALF AND HALF LASAGNA, meaning half veggie and half meat, today we sliced zucchinis length wise in 1/8" slices steam in microwave 2 mins, added shredded carrots microwaved for 1 minute,on one side. On the other we still have veggies also but add ground beef also, I do use whole milk ricotta we only make Lasagna like 3 times a year so when I make it, I like using the real deal I add 3 farm fresh eggs chop up fresh parsley(sometime I add spinach chopped to the Ricotta also)salt and pepper , and start layering with mozzarella and an Italian blend of cheeses, today I used a bottled sauce from Whole Foods their 365 store brand it was very nice I see no reason to kill myself making sauce for lasagna,I save that for when I really want to showcase the sauce like with Ravioli...it always feels like they weigh 8 lbs ...we served with a nice arugula,baby spinach and fall mescalin lettuce blend salad on the side(my daughter Kate made a Delicious Salad dressing tonight out of orange juice sesame oil,lemon juice etc I will have her post the recipe ) ...tonight we grated fresh garlic from the farm into soft butter and enjoyed a lovely garlic bread toasted to perfection.

We ended the meal with a triple Berry pie I bought at the City Market co-op topped with vanilla Ben and Jerry's.

We had a Nice Tempranillo 2006 by RivaRey and the Lambec Cassis(black current) family was happy with the wine and I was happy with the lambic!

A good time was had by all...boys enjoyed the Football while my daughters and I caught up with each other. Ruby just enjoyed it all!

Baseball playoffs downstairs Sunday night TV upstairs...Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment